Welcome to the exciting world of 3rd & 4th grade!
Hello, my name is Althea Elliott. I was born & raised in Kentucky. As a young child, I knew I wanted to be a teacher. This desire & my parent’s commitment for my brother, sister and I to attend Adventist Schools throughout our educational experience led me to Andrews University in Michigan. I graduated with a degree in Elementary Education, majoring in Language Arts. My first teaching position led me to Anderson, Indiana, where I began & completed my Master’s degree in Elementary Education at Ball State University. I also met my husband Steve and we have 2 children who keep us very busy! After teaching in Indiana for 15 years, God definitely led the way for us to come to Wisconsin to begin my 18th year teaching.
My mission as a teacher is to be the best educator I can be in and out of the classroom and to not only prepare my students academically but also spiritually, as well.
I love working with young people, and I believe very much in providing a safe, pleasant learning environment for all of my students. I firmly believe every student can learn and succeed if given the proper tools from both home and school.
10 great things about 3rd & 4th Grade!!
- God is the center of our classroom in all that we do & say. Prayer time, Bible stories & learning more about our Bible is a critical part of what we do every day!
- Single grade classroom, allows me, the teacher, to give each student a lot of individualized instruction.
- Field Trips
- Outreach/community service opportunities to make a difference in our community.
- Technology-we have a computer center in our classroom allowing students to have access to an on-line spelling site where they can play games that go along with their spelling words for the week.
- Physical Education-students have a morning recess and afternoon Physical Education class every day.
- Music class once a week, which gives students the opportunity to perform for their peers, parents, local churches & the community
- Art class every week!
- Classroom/School designed to promote a positive environment where all students can learn & feel safe.
- Friends! Our class and school is multi-cultural allowing students to appreciate friends from all different backgrounds.